Tuesday, February 12, 2013

More Than Just Cookies

If you comment on any of my posts, I'll buy you a cookie. I'm not kidding. Unless you're a creep. Then I'm not going to buy you a cookie. But if I like you I will take you to Rocco's Pasticceria. Now, if you've ever been to this bakery, you understand why this is such a good offer. It's amazingggg.
Am I right?! Of course I'm right. Just look at this delicious assortment of cookies. Beyond the cookies are more baked wonders. You can select from an abundance of cakes, gelato, mousse, pies, lobster tails and of course CANNOLIS. They make the cannoli creams every day and fill the shell right in front of you when you order. Mmmmm sounds so good. Next time I go, I'm getting a cannoli. I really shouldn't write these posts so late at night because I just get hungry. Anyway, the first time I stepped in Rocco's Pasticceria was with my Finding NYC class. I think our professor only took us inside so we could salivate because he let us look at the pastries for a good five minutes and then didn't give us time to order anything because we had other places to visit. It was torture!! So I just HAD to go back on my own time. So last October I went and ordered a Marshmallow brownie cookie. I honestly didn't even pass the cookie section so I didn't realize how many other things I could choose from. But I'm a sucker for cookies. And, trust me, it was one GOOD cookie. Still, when I go back to 243 Bleecker St. I might get the chocolate eclair, the chocolate lovers mousse, the turtle cheesecake, or tiramisu. You know what? I'm going to order a black & white cannoli, which is hand-dipped in white & milk chocolate. Ahhhh! I can't wait to go back. While I indulge in the world-famous cannoli, I plan on ordering a butterscotch hot chocolate. And no you did NOT just read that wrong. They actually make butterscotch hot chocolate, in addition to caramel, white chocolate, peppermint, and even a butterscotch white hot chocolate! This place has been on Bleecker Street since 1974 and is now run by Rocco's children. It opens at 7:30am every day and closes at midnight or later. What a hard-working family :) The prices are as awesome as the pastries. The large cookie I got was $3.00 and the famous cannolis are $4.25 at the most. The cake and pie slices all cost under $7.00. Actually everything on the menu is UNDER $7.00. As Chandler would say, could this bakery BE any better? And if you don't understand the reference to Friends, then just leave.... Nah I'm kidding you can stay. But you HAVE to go and eat/drink these authentic Italian treats. And yes, I am forcing you.

http://pasticceriarocco.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment