Sunday, February 17, 2013

Ramen Is The Best Comfort Food

So I crossed one of my list! I went to Ramen Takumi on 90 University Place with a fellow foodie friend convinced me to go last week and it's a good thing she did. I was sick and feeling kinda ehh but the Curry Ramen (#9 on the menu) not only cleared my sinuses, it was also just so delicious! And it wasn't just the food that made this place great. We walked in on a Friday night with no reservations and were instantly seated even though it was busy. The waiter was so cute and enthusiastic and he helped us decide what to order because, let's be honest, when is it EVER easy to choose what to order when EVERYTHING looks so tempting? Christina got octopus, vegetable tempura, and miso soup. It was my first time trying curry and I loved it...shocker! (not)
It literally took 6 minutes for us to get our food. I looked at the time as my stomach grumbled and next thing I knew I had this amazing plate of ramen in front of me. The octopus that Christina ordered was obviously fresh and my ramen was warm and delicious. Such a quick easy dinner and a wonderful experience with a friend.







The restaurant is quaint and has a nice, homey feeling with very authentic cooking and good people. I truly recommend it if you like ramen (and if you don't, what's wrong with you?) or seafood (again, who doesn't like seafood?) and other traditional Japanese foods like spicy miso soup. It's cheap too. Our bill was under $20 and we just kept ordering more and more small plates. So no excuses. This one is a must. And just look at how cute it is inside!



Here is some more food to make you hungry!

Octopus

 Vegetable Tempura

How can you resist? It look so tempting, right? You should probably just go right now. Oh and they don't have an official website so you're just gonna have to go to the restaurant itself and try it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment