Wednesday, February 27, 2013

What's The Name Of The Cafe?

Cafe. It's called Cafe Cafe. I'm not kidding about the name. Now, you might say that Cafe Cafe is unoriginal, but I beg to differ. The name is simple, yet unique because most Cafe's wouldn't think of naming themselves Cafe Cafe. It's just too easy. Anyway, this charming place in the beautiful SOHO, is on 470 Broome Street. My friend Christina, a foodie in a matching jacket, found it online so we decided to go on a walk on a rainy and gloomy day and reward ourselves with Cafe Cafe. For some crazy reason I decided to give up sweets for lent, although not for religious reasons, just because I felt like it. So of course I've been craving sweets more than ever now. The baked goods at Cafe Cafe didn't help either. They are baked every morning from scratch! The muffins look like they
were made by angels. Some of the detectible muffin options are blueberry crumb, apple crumb, iced pumpkin (YUM), and much much more that I just can't even mention because it's too tempting. Another pastry that caught my eye in addition to the muffins was the pecan pie. Pies are honestly my weakness. OK that's actually a lie; every baked good is my weakness. But this pecan pie just looked SO good I can't even describe it. I also noticed a HUGE oatmeal raisin cookie, a ginger cookie, and a peanut butter cookie that all looked just so wonderful. Anyway, while I was crying on the inside wanting to order the pecan pie, I decided to distract myself from the pastries and focus on the drinks. I ordered a Chai Latte, but the coffee smelled very nice (yes I could smell it, I have super senses for food) so I was in between the latte and the Cappuccino and the Macchiato. Christina ordered coffee and she was satisfied so that's saying something because she loves her coffee. Oh and the hot chocolate is made with Belgian chocolate...just saying. This picture I took is of the downstairs part of Cafe Cafe. After getting our drinks, we went up the stairs to the top of the cafe and sat at stools connected to a bar that looked over the lower-level of the cafe. This place is so cute.

 I can't decide if I want to get breakfast or lunch next time I go. When you see the menu you will understand. For breakfast, they have bagels and organic eggs, as well as some breakfast favorites: pancakes (with fruit) and French toast (made with French brioche bread and served on yogurt). SO GOOD. And for lunch, you can create your own salad and choose from basically every salad option you desire. I just noticed that they make homemade empanadas! Empanadas are little circles of dough with meat, corn, spinach, chicken, ham & cheese, or other fillings inside that are closed up into half-moon shapes. You don't understand how much I love empanadas. My parents make the best empanadas so I always get excited when I find them at restaurants and cafes. Cafe Cafe also offers quiches, homemade soups, and sandwiches. Some of the sandwiches include chicken milanesa (ahh another Argentinean food I love!) with avocado, prosciutto and sopressata salami, and they hava special sandwich of the day Monday-Saturday. So have I convinced you to go yet? If not, then what are you doing on this blog? But seriously, Cafe Cafe is a definite must. Just go for a walk in SOHO on a rainy day and reward yourself for getting outside by getting a muffin (or anything you're in the mood for) and something to drink at Cafe Cafe.

No comments:

Post a Comment